How do calming treats for dogs work? Are these effective? Are these safe? In this article, we'll help you understand more about anxiety in dogs, causes, and how calming treats can benefit your dog.
Just like us, our dogs get stressed out and anxious, too. And dealing with anxious dogs can be a lot of hard work.
There are various treatments available - from as simple as avoiding stress triggers to prescription medications. And then there's the option of calming treats for dogs or calming chews that act as supplements.
UNDERSTANDING ANXIETY IN DOGS
The feelings of fear and stress cause a dog to become anxious. This is how dogs react to things that they interpret as threats like stray animals, sudden loud noises, unfamiliar places & people, thunder, etc. Dogs can develop anxiety from socialization issues, health conditions, genetics or unpleasant & traumatic experiences before.
Dog anxiety can also be because of aging, changes in daily routine, separation anxiety or history of abandonment.
"Calming treats for dogs are non-medicinal, anxiety-treating, remedy chews or bites that act as supplements to help soothe your fur-baby's stress and anxiety."
SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY IN DOGS
Identifying if your dog is feeling anxious can be difficult since he can't exactly communicate to you through words but his behaviors can be enough to know that your fur-baby is struggling.
- Peeing or pooping in inappropriate places even when already potty trained/house trained
- Aggressive tendencies
- Destructive behaviors
- Excessive barking
- Restlessness, signs of uneasiness
- Loss of interest in things he used to love doing
In some instances, it is easy to find the cause of your dog's anxiety. You can help your pup by managing the avoidance of situations that trigger your dog, regular exercise, and more bonding time together. But there are also cases that require more extensive treatment like medications and some alternative remedies - like the calming treats.
WHAT ARE CALMING TREATS FOR DOGS?
Calming treats for dogs are non-medicinal, anxiety-treating, remedy chews or bites that act as supplements to help soothe your fur-baby's stress and anxiety.
Choosing the right and best calming treats for your dog can be overwhelming as it should be of high-quality, with premium ingredients, and from a trusted brand. This is where Pet Parents® Calming Supplements swoop in as soft chew, calming treats for dogs and become your right-hand man. Pet Parents® are members of NASC, an organization that helps companies ensure their supplements are quality, healthy, and beneficial to the animals that take them. Pet Parents® Calming Supplements can be a game-changer to help aid in dilemmas that stress out your dogs. (Please use the amount of supplements as stated on the website and packaging.)
WHO NEEDS CALMING TREATS?
- Pet Parents® Calming Supplements are for dogs who are or are experiencing the following:
- Genetically-prone. Some dog breeds are more prone to stress and anxiety. This includes Basset Hound, German Shepherds, Cocker Spaniels, and Siberian Huskies. These dog breeds have high energy and intelligence levels and that makes them easily stressed out.
- Changes in daily routine. Your fur-baby loves to keep his daily routines as similar as possible every day. Instances like visitors at home, a new family member, a new pet, a new place (whilst traveling), changes in the arrangement of home furniture, etc easily stress him out.
- Separation anxiety. Your dog who has separation anxieties can get agitated whenever you leave the house. These pups become destructive when left alone or whenever their owners are out of sight.
- Past traumas. Events and experiences in the past are the reasons for your dog's fear of certain things. Traumas may include maltreatment, physical abuse, abandonment, etc. If these are not managed properly, these will eventually turn into anxiety and could turn into depression.
- Lack of socialization. Dogs that are not well-socialized (to humans, to other dogs or other animals) can either become aggressive or become fearful.
- Underlying health conditions. This is illness-induced anxiety. The anxiety your fur-baby is experiencing is caused by his illness. Some diseases that cause anxiety in dogs are hypothyroidism, encephalitis, diabetes, vision and hearing loss.
Pet Parents® Calming Supplements are calming treats for dogs that will provide your fur-babies with powerful ingredients that help act as a calming aid. For stressful situations that may cause anxiousness, these calming treats for dogs can help keep fur-babies calm & relaxed. Claiming treats for dogs help support balanced behavior and a sense of relaxation gearing towards a happier and healthier life.
"Pet Parents® are members of NASC, an organization that helps companies ensure their supplements are quality, healthy, and beneficial to the animals that take them. "