Glucosamine and Chondroitin for Dogs
As our dogs get older, they are more vulnerable to joint issues and problems. But sometimes, a dog at any age can also suffer from these joint illnesses. These are very painful conditions as your furbaby's cartilage (the cushion between the bones) starts to thin and wear.
There is no cure for joint problems in dogs, but there are supplements that can help support joint health, improve mobility, lessen the symptoms, pain, and inflammation. Some of these dog joint supplements are Glucosamine and Chondroitin for dogs.
What are they? And in what ways do they help our furbabies?
What is Glucosamine for Dogs?
Glucosamine is an amino sugar commonly found around your furbaby's connective and cartilage tissues. Glucosamine greatly contributes to maintaining the flexibility and strength of cartilage tissues in your furbaby's body.
According to VCA Hospitals, Glucosamine serves as a mild anti-inflammatory and is utilized by the joints to make cartilage components and also used by the urinary tract for additional protection. Though your dog can produce Glucosamine on their own, their body can't synthesize that fast to keep up with the constant wear and tear that happens in the cartilage. This is where providing a supplement that can add additional Glucosamine to your furbaby comes in.
Glucosamine for dogs is a well-known joint problem remedy and is being supplemented to dogs to:
- stimulate cartilage to build the mortar (glycosaminoglycans) that holds moisture around the bricks (cartilage cells)
- improve joint pain and inflammation
- help ease recovery from a joint surgery
- help boost the restoration of damaged cartilage
- keep a dog's performance on its peak
What is Chondroitin for Dogs?
Chondroitin, on the other hand, is a vital structural component of the cartilage that gives the cartilage its elasticity properties. Chondroitin hampers the damage and advances the production of cartilage components. Sometimes these are used in combination with other joint supplement nutrients.
Chondroitin has three major functions. It is supplemented to dogs to:
"Glucosamine greatly contributes to maintaining the flexibility and strength of cartilage tissues in your furbaby's body."
It is supplemented to dogs to:
- manage properly cartilage synthesis
- promote better absorption of nutrients into the cartilage
- restrain the white blood cell enzymes from damaging your furbaby's cartilage
Combining Glucosamine and Chondroitin
The Arthritis Foundation emphasized that the gradual deterioration of cartilage leads to pain, swelling, and other symptoms. The Glucosamine and Chondroitin combination has high levels anti-inflammatory properties.
Glucosamine and chondroitin guard the cells in your dog’s body called chondrocytes, which assist in maintaining the cartilage structure. In theory, the Glucosamine and Chondroitin combination has the ability to slow down cartilage deterioration in the joints and to reduce pain and other symptoms in the process.
Do Dogs Need Glucosamine and Chondroitin?
With the activities dogs do every day, giving them a joint supplement for dogs with combined Glucosamine and Chondroitin can help in maintaining their joint health.
Puppies. Puppies are so happy and active and are always in high energy and vitality. At the same time, their muscles, bones, and joints are rapidly growing. Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements will help support their development.
Adult dogs. These supplements may help prevent joint problems which are important to make sure they are still able to walk, run, and play later in life.
Disabled dogs. Your disabled furbaby may need a little more assistance from you. Outside of the things you are already doing to support them, further strengthen those joints that are functional and in use by giving supplements with Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Doing so will also help protect them from developing additional joint issues.
Your furbaby will be needing all the support they can get to live a comfy life despite their condition. Coming hand in hand with carts and wheelchairs, supplements also help in providing great support and mobility for your fur-baby who is having difficulty with their mobility. The supplements strengthen the joints of the remaining functional legs and body parts of the dog.
Senior dogs. Hip and joint deterioration also comes with age. Senior dogs are at a high risk in developing hip and joint issues. One great way to help your senior dog have a better quality of life is by providing them with supplements formulated with Glucosamine and Chondroitin.
A Trusted Hip and Joint Supplement
Pet Parents® Hip & Joint SoftSupps® are one of the few joint supplements with proven levels Glucosamine for dogs and Chondroitin. These powerful dog joint supplements are an easy way to provide glucosamine for dogs in a safe and healthy daily amount. Feeding high-quality joint supplements for dogs can help protect your furbaby’s joints with a daily chew that tastes like a treat!
These Glucosamine Chondroitin supplements for dogs are safe for all ages and sizes. They enhance the medical management of joint problems and illnesses and are not meant to stand alone as a cure. These joint supplements for dogs work well with a healthy & balanced diet and exercise to help prevent hip and joint issues.
"Pet Parents® Hip and Joint SoftSupps® are one of the few joint supplements with proven levels Glucosamine and Chondroitin for dogs"
Aside from Glucosamine and Chondroitin, Pet Parents® Hip and Joint SoftSupps® also contain:
- PurforMSM®: One of the purest forms of Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in the world, PurforMSM® is a naturally-occurring source of organic sulfur, providing your furbaby a variety of essential benefits. This helps preserve the cushion between your dog’s joints, providing mobility support, joint issue prevention, and joint stress improvement.
- Balanced Kollagen™ (Egg Shell Membrane). Balanced Kollagen helps boost joint health by offering comfort and bettering flexibility within the joints.
- Yucca Schidigera Extract. A plant-based source of saponin compounds that help reduce pain & inflammation and ensure that all your fur-baby's activities are pain-free.
- Flaxseed. Flaxseed is an exceptionally healthy food, filled with essential fatty acids like omega-3. Flaxseed is also jam-packed with dietary fiber, protein, and manganese that will help keep your fur-baby on top on their hip and joint health.
- Featured Products
Hip & Joint SoftSupps®