Chewing is a natural behavior of your fur-baby and an important activity regarding your dog's health. It helps combat stress, frustration, and anxieties in dogs.
As chewing is considered an integral part of a dog's life, the pet industry has continued to develop chews. The market offers a wide variety of these from rubber, to plastic, to all-natural chews. And one of the most trusted and safest kinds of chews are antlers for dogs.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF ANTLERS FOR DOGS
There are three common types of antlers for dogs that come from antler-bearing mammals. These antlers offer different kinds of chewing experiences.
Moose antlers are the softest kinds of antlers but also have the most marrow content. Many dogs love moose antlers' taste but this is not too lasting as it can easily break into pieces.
- Whitetail deer antlers are one of the hardest and densest antlers. These are best if your fur-baby is an aggressive chewer.
- Mule deer antlers are softer than Whitetails. These are darker in color.
Elk antlers are larger than any deer antlers and can weigh more than 10 pounds. Elk antlers make wonderful chews for dogs who are seniors or puppies who have sensitive teeth.
WHAT ANTLER IS BEST FOR YOUR FUR-BABY
Broken teeth, splintering, gastrointestinal problems, and choking hazards are major concerns for pet parents. Deer antlers and elk antlers are the most recommended to help eliminate these problems.
- Whole whitetail deer antlers are the perfect fit if your fur-baby is a really aggressive chewer. The outer core of deer antlers is denser, making chewing a challenge for your fur-baby.
- Whole elk antlers have a softer outer core, the best choice if your fur-baby is not really an aggressive all-day chewer. Elk antlers offer optimal density which makes it durable, long-lasting, and safe.
- Split elk antlers are a great choice if your fur-baby is still a puppy, already a senior dog, or just an occasional chewer. Split antlers are antlers that are split in half for your fur-baby to be able to get right on to the delicious and nutrient-filled arrow inside an antler.
All these recommended antlers for dogs are offered by Pet Parents® as premium Gnawtlers®.
WHAT MAKES GNAWTLERS® DIFFERENT FROM THE REST?
Gnawtlers® are deer and elk antlers that are specifically selected from Grade A premium raw antlers from USA's rocky mountain and heartland regions. Why does this matter? Well, even if deer and elk antlers are the most recommended, there are still low-quality antlers out there. At Pet Parents® color, density, shape, and weight are greatly considered.
The antler chews from Pet Parents® ensure you high-quality standards for your fur-baby.
- Come from naturally-shed antlers from elks & deers, guaranteeing you that no animals have been harmed in the process
- Do not easily break or splinter, keeping your fur-baby away from choking hazards, broken teeth, gastrointestinal problems
- Contain high nutritional value and jam-packed with calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and phosphorus to provide nutrients and dental health.
- Contain no harmful ingredients like artificial flavoring and artificial fragrance that make it more appealing to dogs, the natural bone marrow makes these antlers more appealing
- Won't leave a mess in your home as these chews contain no color dyes and are odorless
- Help maintain your fur-baby's oral health, keeping teeth clean and preventing periodontal diseases
TIPS WHEN BUYING GNAWTLERS®
There are a few things you need to consider when buying Gnawtlers®:
- See to it that you buy an antler chew bigger than the size of your dog's mouth so that he won't be able to place it in his mouth whole. Visit our website's Gnawtlers® page to see our dog sizing chart.
- Consider your dog's chew personality (as mentioned above which antlers fit what dog chew personality)
It is our responsibility as pet parents to make our fur-baby's safety our major priority. As a company Pet Parents® already does this, so you won't have to worry about your fur-baby! What a happy and healthy life it is!